|Job Title||Warehouse/Yard Manager & Purchasing Agent|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
|Min Experience||5 Years|
Sequence has been retained and is currently seeking a talented Warehouse/Yard Manager & Purchasing Agent to run the facility for one of Sacramento's most respected Electrical Organization. This direct hire full-time position is currently the most high-profile of its type in the region.
The role is a combination of both warehouse and yard management with light purchasing responsibilities. Approximately 1/3 of the daily duties would be in purchasing of materials and supplies for electrical projects with commercial and outdoor/street lighting, the other 2/3 is management of warehouse workers and delivery drivers, receiving/staging product and managing the organization's yard and ensuring vehicles are prepared for use. Currently, this includes two warehouse workers, one material handler, and two in-house delivery drivers.
The position is as a result of expansion efforts and a recent retirement. The organization often doesn't hire and works to avoid the up and down nature of feast and famine of work which can lead to a cycle of hiring and layoffs of personnel. So this is a stable and long-term addition to the company. It is also one that has potential to grow within the firm.
Duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Work with Estimators, General Foreman, Foreman and Project Managers to procure materials on a per-project basis.
- Negotiate and purchase large POs with vendors/suppliers.
- Place day-to-day orders and structure will calls as required.
- Coordinate delivery of materials as needed.
- Manage warehouse personnel.
- Keep warehouse and yard area cleaned up and organized.
- Receive material, and stage in an organized manner.
- Ensure trucks and equipment are cleaned, fueled, and loaded upper the direction of the General Foreman and Project Managers. Ideally, this would include the ability to drive heavy equipment or vehicles onto trailers and stage as applicable
The right fit for this job has to be good at multitasking and receiving/sending a large amount of emails/texts/phone calls. The ideal individual would also have knowledge of electrical materials and equipment used in commercial electrical or outdoor/street lighting.
This is a salaried position ranging from 50k-80k per year depending on experience. The company also has excellent benefits, including health care, dental, vision, 401k with match, bonus/profit sharing, insurance, vacation/sick, etc.
Apply here, through our corporate website at: www.sequencestaffing.com. Or, please submit to: